ASIA-PACIFIC REGIONAL OFFICER Full-Time Position International Human Rights/Disability Project
There is an immediate opening for a full-time position of Asia-Pacific Regional Officer for the Disability Rights Promotion International (D.R.P.I.) project.
D.R.P.I. is a collaborative project working to establish a holistic and sustainable global system to monitor the human rights of people with disabilities. D.R.P.I.'s International Coordination Centre is based at York University in Toronto, Canada. With the support of Disabled Peoples International - Asia-Pacific Region (D.P.I.A.P.), D.R.P.I. is establishing a Regional Centre for Asia-Pacific in Bangkok, Thailand. The Asia-Pacific Regional Officer will work from the Bangkok office.
- The position will involve working under the direction of D.R.P.I.'s Co-Directors and in collaboration with the D.R.P.I. Project Coordinator and other researchers to:
- Coordinate a regional disability rights monitoring training including the logistics of organizing the venue; participant travel, board and lodging; printing of materials, etc.;
- Plan and supervise disability rights monitoring projects;
- Liaise with D.R.P.I. project personnel and partners;
- Seek funding opportunities for disability rights monitoring activities;
- Assist national and local organizations of people with disabilities to apply for and secure funding;
- Offer support to disability rights monitoring activities taking place in Asia-Pacific;
- Develop and foster partnerships between and among disability rights and human rights organizations in Asia-Pacific;
- Assist with the preparation of reports to funding bodies and international and regional human rights monitoring mechanisms;
- Raise awareness of disability rights monitoring activities taking place in Asia-Pacific (by, for example, coordinating media campaigns, writing content for the D.R.P.I. website and list serv, attending and presenting at relevant meetings, etc.)
- Other tasks, as required by the Co-Directors or their designate.
Please download the detail of Asia-Pacific Regional Officer for the Disability Rights Promotion International (D.R.P.I.) project from: http://www.dpiap.org/news/doc/Asia-Pacific_Regional_OfficerDPRI_2010_08_09.doc