Japan/World Bank Scholarship
The mission of the World Bank Group is to reduce poverty and improve living standards through sustainable development and investment in people. The World Bank Institute (WBI) is at the forefront of the Bank's efforts to promote learning and deliver to the stakeholders, the best thinking and experience emerging from around the world on issues crucial to reform and socio-economic development.
Through its management of the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) and the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program (RSM Fellowships), WBI supplements its training programs by providing opportunities for graduate study to promising professionals from developing member countries.
The objective of the Scholarship and Fellowship Programs is to help create an international community of highly-trained professionals working in the field of economic and social development. The community will actively participate in the capacity building efforts in the developing countries.
EligibilityTo apply for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship under the Regular Program, an applicant must:
- Be a national of a World Bank member country eligible to borrow.
- Be born after March 31, 1970.
- Have, by March 31, at least 2, preferably 4 to 5, years of recent full time professional experience acquired after a university degree, in the applicant’s home country or in another developing country.
- Hold a bachelor's degree or its equivalent.
- Be in good health.
- Be of good character.
- Not be a permanent resident or a national of any industrialized country.
- Not be residing in an industrialized country for more than one year.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, staff of the World Bank Group (the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, International Development Association, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes), consultant, or relative of the aforementioned.
Please read more information from: http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/WBI/EXTWBISFP/EXTJJWBGSP/0,,contentMDK:20287115%7EmenuPK:562877%7EpagePK:64168445%7EpiPK:64168309%7EtheSitePK:551644,00.html
Mail from: email@example.com