Sato International Scholarship Foundation
The Sato International Scholarship Foundation grants two types of scholarship for self-supporting students from ASEAN countries as well as Southwest Asian countries enrolled in a Japanese undergraduate or graduate institution:
- Scholarship for Self-Supporting Students
- Scholarship for Short-Term Exchange Students.
Scholarship for Self-Supporting Students The applicant must be residing in Japan, enrolled in or accepted to a legitimate program. Please apply through the studentsโ office of your university.[h3]Amount of Scholarship[/h3]
- Undergraduate students: 120,000 yen/month
- Graduate students: 180,000 yen/month๏ผ plus additional support to cover cost for attending conferences ๏ผ
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
Number of Scholarships Granted: Around๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ10 students will be accepted.[h3]Eligibility[/h3] The applicant must be a citizen from the aforesaid countries, who does not hold Japanese citizenship and must be enrolled in a Japanese undergraduate or graduate institution, under the jurisdiction of the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. The applicant must also fulfill the following requirements:
- Does not receive any sort of scholarship or funding from other parties.
- Holds legal residence status as a college student.
- Have interest in promoting international understanding and friendship, and is able to attend SISF meetings (meetings are held 6 times/year).
- Does not have a parent employed in Japan.
- Does not hold a doctorate degree.
- Is enrolled in a program with more than 1 year left until graduation/completion (from April 2009). This restriction does not apply to doctorate program.
Amount of Scholarship: 100,000 yen/month
Duration of Scholarship: Over 6 months, up to 10 months; however scholarship terminates upon completion of the program.
Designated Universities: The University of Electro-Communications, University of Tokyo, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, Tokyo Institute of Technology, University of Tsukuba, J.F. Oberlin University, Rikkyo University.
Address: Asahi Seimei Ebisu Building 11th Floor
1-3-1 Ebisu, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan , Postal Code 150-0013
Telephone: (81) 3-5789-2190 , Fax: (81) 3-5420-5682
Please read more info from: http://www.sisf.or.jp/eng/
Email from: email@example.com