Report on the 2012 Global Conference for Human Rights Defenders Networks, Washington, USA from 18-21 April 2012 at Bolger Center
The 2012 Global Conference for Human Rights Defenders Networks, Washington, USA from 18-21 April 2012 at Bolger Center, the conference was orgnised by the Freedom House and was attended by Human Rights Defenders Network groups.
The main objective of this conference was to share notes and ideas on how they an influence countries and organisations to promote and protect Human Rights issues seriously.
- The conference's agenda included the following:
- Transnational Human Rights Networks- significance and challenges
- Unique strengths and strategies for trans-national Human Rights Defenders Networks
- The state of freedom of Association, Assembly and Expression
- Network infrastructure to support the transitional vision and work
- Incorporating marginalised populations into broader Human Rights Defenders
- Use of ICTs by networks
- Speaking the policy maker language
- The impact of the operating environment on network actions
Source: Ms. Rachel Kachaje